SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.35 número5Prevalencia e intensidad de infección por geohelmintos, caracterizando los factores socio culturales y ambientales que inciden en la infección de escolares, Paraguay, 2015Parvovirus B19: Un virus ADN asociado a múltiples manifestaciones cutáneas índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

  • En proceso de indezaciónCitado por Google
  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO
  • En proceso de indezaciónSimilares en Google

Compartir


Revista chilena de infectología

versión impresa ISSN 0716-1018

Resumen

GONZALEZ, Virginia  y  GUTIERREZ, Stella. Prevalence of antiretroviral resistance in Uruguayan children and adolescents infected with the human immunodeficiency virus in the Reference Center HIV-AIDS. Centro Hospitalario Pereira Rossell, Montevideo, Uruguay. Rev. chil. infectol. [online]. 2018, vol.35, n.5, pp.509-517. ISSN 0716-1018.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/s0716-10182018000500509.

Background:

Primary and secondary antiretroviral (ARV) resistance rates of 15 and 40% respectively have been reported in worldwide. Its prevalence in Uruguay is unknown.

Aim:

To know the prevalence of ARV resistance in Uruguayan children under 15 years old infected with HIV that are controlled in the Centro Hospitalario Pereira Rossell between 2008 and 2016.

Specific objectives:

Quantify primary and secondary mutations, to identify variables associated with resistance; to describe if the result of the resistance test contributed to achieve undetectable viral load (VL).

Methodos:

Observational descriptive, longitudinal follow-up. Only children under 15 years with resistance test done between January first 2008 and December 31th 2016 were included in the study. Maternal and child variables.

Results:

Fifty six children were included. 36 children (64%) had resistance tests prior to the initiation of ART and the other 20 children (36%) due to therapeutic failure. Total resistance: 28.6% (16 children); 4 (11.1%) children with primary mutations and 12 (60%) secondary mutations. The test result changed the ARV plan in 15 (26.7%) of the 56 children. The change achieved undetectable CV in 8 children at month 6. The ART change was not associated with AIDS or death.

Discussion:

Prevalence studies are useful in making decisions about initial ARV treatment. The prevalence of primary mutations was similar to that published, while secondary prevalence was higher.

Palabras clave : HIV in pediatrics; genotypic resistance test; antiretroviral resistance.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )