SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.34 número1Caracterización y clasificación de la bahía de Puerto Montt mediante batimetría de multihaz y datos de backscatterSagitta chilensis nueva especie de quetognato en fiordos australes chilenos (Chaetognatha, Aphragmophora, Sagittidae) índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

Compartir


Investigaciones marinas

versión On-line ISSN 0717-7178

Resumen

REYES, Pablo R.. The composition of icefish catches in Scotia Sea, Antarctica (summer 2004-2005). Investig. mar. [online]. 2006, vol.34, n.1, pp.95-100. ISSN 0717-7178.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-71782006000100008.

The catch composition of Channichthyidae family in mesopelagic water over the slope of South Georgia Island, Antarctica, is analized. Three species from this family were detected in the sector, represent 12% of total ichthyic diversity and 37% of total ichthyic cathes. Champsocephalus gunnari and Chaenocephalus aceratus made up 95% of Channichthyidae cathes, and Pseudochaenichthys georgianus made up the other 5%. In the summer of 2004-2005, groups that are highly endemic to the southern oceans predominated. These were Myctophiidae, Nototheniidae, Channichthyidae and Bathydraconidae. Together these families represented more than 62% of the ichthyic diversity in the sector, the 38% were cosmopolitan fish. The contribution of each family showed that Myctophiidae, Channichthyidae, Gempylidae and Nototheniidae, predominated, making up 98% of the ichthyic catches, with the remaining 2% being cosmopolitan fish

Palabras clave : icefish; Antarctic fish; biomass; taxonomic diversity; Antarctic fisheries.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons