SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.25 número2Análisis Morfométrico de los Túbulos Testiculares del Ratón Después de la Administración de Malation y MacaLocalization de Proteínas Totales y LDH en el Epidídimo del Hámster índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

Compartir


International Journal of Morphology

versión On-line ISSN 0717-9502

Resumen

PETRELLA, Selma et al. Anatomy and Variations of the Celiac Trunk. Int. J. Morphol. [online]. 2007, vol.25, n.2, pp.249-257. ISSN 0717-9502.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022007000200002.

The aim of this study was to analyze anatomy of the celiac trunk through its diameter, length, emission and variation of its branches. Sixty-nine cadavers fixed in 10% formalin solution were dissected in the anatomy laboratories of the Federal University of Sao Paulo (UNIFESP/EPM), Lusiadas of Santos University (UNILUS) and Santo Amaro University (UNISA) and 20 non-fixed cadavers from Death Verification Services, of the Sao Paulo University (USP) and Federal University of Sao Paulo (UNIFESP/EPM). Dissection of the trunk celiac of these cadavers was performed after opening of the peritoneal cavity. The obtained results allowed us to conclude the following: 1) Mensuration of the length from the celiac trunk up to its first branch, the left gastric and/or splenic artery in 81 cadavers with a mean length of 1.23 cm in males, and 1.18 cm in females. We verified as the first branch of the celiac trunk, the left gastric artery in 55 ( 67.90%), splenic artery in two (2.47%), both in six (7.41%), and in 18 (22.22%) the three arteries trifiircating at the same level, forming the Haller's tripod. 2) Mensuration of the length from the celiac trunk up to its last artery, the common hepatic and/or splenic artery in 68 cadavers, with a mean length of 1.74 cm in males, 1.74 cm in females. We verified as the last branch of the celiac trunk, the common hepatic artery in 13 (19.12%), the splenic in four (5.88%), both in 33 (48.53%) and 18 (22.22%) the three arteries trifiircating at the same level. 3) Mensuration of the celiac trunk diameter in 77 cadavers had a mean of 0.65 cm in males and 0.67 cm females. 4) Mensuration of the distance between the celiac trunk and superior mesenteric artery in 76 cadavers had a mean of 0.72 cm in males and 0.74 cm in females. 5) The celiac trunk emitted in 73 (82.02%) out of the 89 cadavers the left gastric, splenic and hepatic arteries. In the remaining 16(17.98%) variations regarding the number of emitted arteries and their disposition in the celiac trunk were observed. The trunk celiac emitted besides the three arteries, a gastroduodenal artery in six (6.74%), gastroduodenocolic trunk in one accessory hepatic artery in only two (2.25%). We also verified in three (3.37%) cadavers, one (1.12%) gastrosplenic trunk, in two (2.25%) one hepatosplenic trunk, in one (1.12%) the common hepatic as the only branch and in one (1.12%) absence of the celiac trunk

Palabras clave : Anatomy; Celiac trunk; Anatomical variations.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Inglés

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons