SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.59 número1Hematomas espontáneos de la pared abdominalEstado actual del tratamiento quirúrgico de la úlcera péptica perforada en el Hospital Regional de Talca: Experience of a regional hospital índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

Compartir


Revista chilena de cirugía

versión On-line ISSN 0718-4026

Resumen

IBANEZ A, Luis et al. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: 10 years at the Hospital Clínico Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Rev Chil Cir [online]. 2007, vol.59, n.1, pp.10-15. ISSN 0718-4026.  http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0718-40262007000100004.

Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is at present the gold standard for the treatment of gallstones disease. Since May 1991 this technique has been developed at the Hospital Clínico Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in patients under the care of staff surgeons of the Digestive Surgery Department who have been actively involved in post graduate surgical training. The purpose of this study is to communicate the experience in 10 years with this technique in our institution. Clinical charts were reviewed of those patients who underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy since May 1991 until May 2001. Patient's demographic data were included in the analysis, together with their clinical presentation, laboratory exams and radiological information. The technical information of this procedure and the early course of these patients was also analyzed. Our study includes 5063 patients. The age average was 46 years (7 to 88 years old), 3392 of them female (67%). 75% of these patients underwent elective surgery, while the other 25% emergency surgery. The average operative time was of 73 min. Laparoscopic surgery was converted to open laparotomy in 7% of these cases. Advanced age and the presence of acute cholecystitis were the main significant associated conversion factors. The average postoperative recovery time in hospital was 2,9 days. Post operative complications were observed in 2%. 0,2% of patients of this serie had to be reoperated. The mortality rate was 0,02%. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy proves to be a safe and effective treatment in patients with gallstones disease

Palabras clave : Gallstones disease; laparoscopic cholecystectomy; complications; mortality.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons